What you need:
Needle & thread
1) Start by deciding how much of the jean
short you want covered by the fabric.
Once you decide cut out the appropriate
amount of fabric.
2) Pin the fabric where you would like it to be sewn on the jean shorts.
3) Hand sew around the outside of the fabric (I started by using a sewing machine, but with the pockets found it easier, and just as quick to hand sew)
4) Because my shorts were thrifted and a bit too long, I cut 2 inches off the bottom. You do not have to do this step, its totally up to your own style.
5) Enjoy your new serape shorts!
Sweater: Boutique in Australia
Have you created anything incorporating serape? We would love too see!