11.28.2012

Refurbished Nightstands & Moving


Hello, little gems! I have been M.I.A recently on the island secret and I want to apologize to everyone who supports us. I have been going through some big life changes these past few months and one of the newest changes is moving in with my good friend Kelsey.

With moving into a new apartment I decided I wanted some new, updated furniture but after looking at prices on-line and in stores, my bank account had other ideas. I turned to Used Victoria, a site where you can buy, sell and trade almost anything. While browsing through the 'free items' section I came across these beat up and outdated night stands and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to put my DIY thinking cap on.





I headed to Home Depot and chose a red mahogany stain and silver handles. After many hours of sanding and many coats of stain, the night-stands were complete! I need to send a big thank you to my dad for helping me with all the hard work. If he hadn't helped me out I would still be outside sanding and staining. We are both so happy at how they turned out and even talked about how refurnishing furniture could become a side project for us. 


\

Here are a few extra photos from around the new apartment. 





DIY Mason Jar Brush Holder


Our first house warming gift.


DIY Key Bowl.

I can definitely say that after moving 14 times in the past 4 years I am ready to stay put and enjoy my time at this new apartment.

xx

-S

16 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I have a dark stained wooden desk from Target that is prettttty boring, I am thinking about giving it a little makeover with some mellow-yellow paint soon myself :)
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the night stand. It looks so great ^^ love your accessories collection too ^^

    Caroline
    http://missoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Классная подставка под украшения и идея банки под кисти :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girls!:) Thanks a lot for your comment and for following the blog.:) I really liked your blog as well and I'm following you(on gfc, bloglovin, twiiter and facebook).;)
    I wish I was talented enough to do those projects...I just suck at it. The apartment is really looking great.;)
    And ladies, I must say I love your hair. You're so lucky to be blesses with such a gorgeous color.
    Love,
    Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

    ps: Why bizarre is that my 3 newest followers are from Canada??? Ah ah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, since my profile doesn't show my pic (got no idea why), I may not appear on top of your followers list, but at the end.:)
    Love,
    Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work!
    Lovely collection of accessories!
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If so, follow me and I will follow you back for sure!

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the inspiration :) i love the way you store your makeup brushes.

    amen fashion, xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the vintage cabinets
    And your jewelry collection oh wow!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that little nightstand looks fantastic! i've always wanted to try something like that. about how long did it take all together?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks nice! Love these cabinets, and photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job ! I'm really into light furniture right now, so probably would have painted it white or something myself - but this outcome looks gorgeous ! ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing job! It looks really nice! :D
    Maybe you would like to join my Firmoo GA: http://deebiku.blogspot.ro/2012/12/international-firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts. We appreciate them all and will be sure to check out your blog. If you like us, follow us! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...