1.03.2013

The Original Instagram: Film Photography

FILM. There is something purely nostalgic and magical about holding a photograph in your hand. Photographs fell into oblivion when digital cameras came into the picture. It's inexplicably satisfying to hold a tangible image between your fingers. You can flip it over, turn it upside down, hang it on the wall, write on it, rip it up into a million pieces, sleep with it under your pillow...


Canon AE-1This is the first roll of film taken with my new baby, the Canon AE-1. Considering Rich and I were both newbies and just fiddling around with the aperture and shutter speed, I'm quite impressed by the quality of the images. 

When scanning in the photos onto my desktop, the quality diminished quite drastically which is a shame. In print, these photos aren't cast with that speckly white layer that was picked up from the scanner. But, I oddly like the effect it gives. The camera is over 40 years old all of the bells and whistles are still in perfect working condition!
It's interesting to see how the instagram phenomenon has exploded on the platform of transforming regular photos into that vintage, polaroid feel. Just like fashion, photographs have come full circle and vintage is 'in style'.
I was scanning ebay for a new lens for my Sony NEX-5 when this baby popped up in my search results. It had the lens I was looking for and the whole ensemble cost me only a mere fraction of what the Sony lens would have cost. Sold!
Hit up your local thrift shop to see if you can get your hands on one of these gems. I promise, you won't regret it.








Sweater: c/o Oasap//Shorts: Forever 21//Boots: Hunter

I spent the weekend in Seattle and when I arrived home, this lovely sweater from Oasap was waiting for me on my doorstep. I literally haven't taken it off since I ripped open the packaging in a deep fury. It feels like you're wearing a big cozy blanket, only cuter! Get yours here x

-C

13 comments:

  1. hope cute :) I love the pics and the outfit **
    beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scan the negatives rather than the prints and you'll get better quality uploads. xoxo congrats on the AE-1. She's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pretty girl,
    Really lovely pics! Love your sweater!
    Thanks for your comment, follow u right now, hope u can follow me back:)
    xoxo
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely! So glad you guys commented and I found your blog, love that you guys are best friends :)

    wh4reever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures. They're really good. :)
    Regandomicactus

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pictures! <3 Happy 2013!

    www.fashionsaveur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful pictures! My first roll was a joke. Also, we have the same camera! Except mine is the program. It doesn't look pretty but still nevertheless my favourite camera. ♡

    You are incredibly pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking so pretty! Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater looks really comfy ;)
    Nice photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girlfriend of mine recently spent an absurd amount of money on a fujifilm instant camera that prints the polaroids directly... super cute but way too expensive. Thrifting a vintage camera is definitely the way to go.

    And I love oversized sweaters! My one weakness. x

    www.itsonlymialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi gorgeous ladies!
    Thank you so much for visiting Sol Sisters blog. Love the vintage look. The whole look of your outfit makes sense with the background.
    Great job!
    Continue to visit us we love having you over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wish I had a film camera!
    Your leather shorts are amazing, and I love how you styled them with an oversized knit!

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts. We appreciate them all and will be sure to check out your blog. If you like us, follow us! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...