What You Need:
- 1 metre of fabric
- Your favorite pair of shorts or jeans
- Sewing Machine
- Miscellaneous Sewing Things (pins, thread etc)
What To Do: (Trust me, it's easy!)
1. Fold fabric in half. Fold jeans in half and match edge up to folded edge of fabric. Cut out fabric around jeans, leaving a 2 inch seam allowance.
2. Unfold the fabric and congratulate yourself for making half your shorts! Cut out another piece of fabric that is identical to the first.
3. Place pieces of fabric on top of each other, right sides facing each other, and sew along the side edges. Stop sewing when you reach the straight edge (as shown)
4. Now you have the base of your shorts. At this point you can try them on and see how they fit in the waist. Turn your shorts inside out, and sew together the straight edge that we had previously skipped.
5. I recommend adding elastic to the waistline and hemming the bottom, but that's optional!
This evening I'm looking forward to relaxing on the patio with a glass of wine. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend xx
EDIT: We would like to send a great big 'thank you' to Shawna over at Serpentine Streets for choosing us as the recipients of the Your Blog Is Great award today! She has such an eye for style and fashion and we're grateful that she passed this award on to us. We find inspiration in many of the blogs we come across and would like to pass this award on to a 5 blogs that particularly stand out to us:
5. The Proverbs
Be sure to check out each of these blogs! You won't be sorry xx